Wednesday 12 December 2007

To blog or not to blog...?

I received comments from my Dutch colleagues why I started this blog and what my aim is. (Guys: feel free to leave a comment on my blog, just like Olivier did (thank you Olivier!) so you don't have to send me an e-mail, share your comments!). So let me explain why I started this blog. Basically, there are three types of blogs: Informative blogs: to share what one knows, what one comes across at work, etc.

Personal blogs: to share who I am, not my knowledge, but my personality drives the blog.

Opinionating blogs: the more informative, news type of blog often lavished with personal opinions.

The advantages of having my blog are obvious: Having a blog is an easy way to share my ideas and knowledge with whomever is interested in them. I also hope to receive quick feed back and new ideas for issues or questions I have. There are some draw backs too: It's rather time consuming, and if you have a blog, it should be a relevant and good one. The entire world can leave comments so I pretty much feel vulnerable with what I leave behind. But to be honest: may main reason for starting this blog is that I think I need to understand what it is all about by experiencing it myself. How will blogging change the way we do market research? What influence will blogging have on our industry, companies and culture? Will blogging present any viable revenue opportunities for businesses? So I am just trying! Or as Anne Frank said: "How wonderful it is that nobody need to wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. "

1 comment:

  1. Good luck blogging Emiel! I've been blogging seriously for over a year now and it brought me a lot of energy, contacts, knowledge and ideas. I hope more researchers will follow our lead.

    P.S.: my blog is at:
    http://www.multiscope.nl/kennis/weblog.html

    ReplyDelete